Announcing PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference 2014
Come for the Content. Leave with a Community™
[NOTE: This article describes the 2014 event, which has now ended. Please see this page for information about the 2015 event.]
Wow, has it been five years already? We're so pleased to announce the fifth annual PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference®, coming to Chicago, June 15-18, 2014!
PePcon is the world's greatest event for InDesign users -- bringing together users, trainers, experts, developers, and members of the Adobe InDesign team for four days of in-depth sessions on best practices for print and digital publishing. With over 20 internationally known speakers presenting more than 30 talks and tutorials, PePcon offers a unique experience for professional designers, publishers, creative developers, and graphics specialists.
Topics at the 2014 PePcon will include
- EPUB (flowable and fixed layout)
- print and interactive PDF
- Building iOS and Android apps with DPS and other top solutions
- Exporting HTML5 Web Apps from InDesign
- Working with iBooksAuthor and other rich eBook tools
- CSS and HTML5 for designers
- 20 scripts and add-ons that every publisher needs
We're working on the final schedule; check out the 2013 sessions for a good sense of what PePcon 2014 will offer.
PePcon is not just great content, but it's also about building a great community! So we are committed to bringing together users, experts, and developers like Adobe to build the world's greatest community of print and digital publishers. All PePcon attendees get exclusive access to the conference networking site, and we provide plenty of networking and information-sharing opportunities at the event.
Previous attendees have repeatedly said that one of the best things about PePcon is the unparalleled access to talk one-on-one with speakers, Adobe senior engineers and management, and other professionals working in similar fields.
You're looking for solutions: How best to get your publications on an iPad? Should you be using EPUB, DPS, or PDF? Is there more efficient and productive workflow or software you should use? PePcon is about finding answers!
- Stay on the cutting edge in the conference workshops and tutorials
- Learn from your peers in one-on-one and small group meetings
- Get the inside scoop from exhibitors providing low-sell, high-content software and service demos
We're currently working on our final speaker list, but previous events have included David Blatner, Anne-Marie Concepcion, Mike Rankin, Russell Viers, Keith Gilbert, Sandee Cohen, Diane Burns, Liz Castro, and many more.
Call for Speakers: While we have had a terrific response from people wanting to speak at PePcon, we are always looking for new faces with great ideas and the ability to present. If you're interested (and interesting!) please fill out our Speaker Submission Form.
The best way to learn about PePcon is from what previous attendees say…
- "This was the best conference by far that I have ever attended!"
- "a wonderful educational experience"
- "Food was fabulous--so much better than most conference food."
- "The conference organization and execution was great."
- "It just has a great vibe, which I think comes from the top down, from the kind of people who organize it."
- "I left the conference totally mind-blown."
- "Even though this was my first time I felt like I was part of the family."
- "I have been to three PePcon events, and think this was the best so far!"