InDesign Magazine Issue 63: The Best Things in Life Are Free
Happy birthday to us! We’re happy to announce that InDesign Magazine Issue 63 (July, 2014) is now available! This marks our tenth anniversary. (So if you see people setting off fireworks this Friday, July 4, you'll know they're probably celebrating us.)
This month’s theme is "The Best Things in Life Free," and features:
- Jeff Gamet's roundup of dozens of awesome free resources for creative pros like you!
- InDesign also turns 10… well Version 10.0! And Steve Werner gets into the details of this new 2014 release.
- We offer an insider's look at the people who have brought you InDesign Magazine over the past 10 years.
- John Berry follows the "free" theme and discusses the topic of free fonts (and how can you tell if they're worth using?)
- Pam Pfiffner introduces us to Newcity, a free alternative newsweekly in Chicago which recently (finally!) switched from QuarkXPress to InDesign
- If you weren't able to make it to PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference this year (or even if you were), you'll love Erica Gamet's recap with pictures!
- Sandee Cohen explains several important InDesign mysteries in her InQuestion column.
And, finally, the Best of the Blog gathers up some great posts you absolutely don’t want to miss, including Mike's brilliant scalloped edges article and David's discussion of the "last page number in the book" technique.
You can find every issue of InDesign Magazine here, or by clicking Magazine above.