We have over 500 different posts at InDesignSecrets now, and that means sometimes it’s hard to find the important ones… the ones that many, many InDesign users need, and which may often need to be referred back to. Here’s a list of some of those important FAQ posts.
- Rebuilding Your Preferences Files
- Things You Can’t Do in InDesign
- Why You Should Beware of Basic Styles
- Why Are There Parentheses in My Text Sizes?
- Why Are There White Boxes Around My Drop Shadows and Other Transparency Effects? (and the follow-up: The Yucky Discolored Box Syndrome)
- Why Can’t InDesign See My Fonts?
- Leopard Troubleshooting (see people’s comments)
Printing and Exporting
- Difference between Exporting PDF vs. Using Distiller
- Print Booklet Features
- Converting Text to Outlines: Should you do it? Plus: The Flattener Trick (updated)