Plug-ins and Scripts
Welcome to the Plug-ins and Scripts page, where we post links to commercial plug-ins and scripts that we recommend. More of these are discussed and linked to in our Plug-ins and Scripts blog category.
If you have questions about installing or running scripts, see this post that explains it all for you.
Here’s some more FREE stuff!
- Need to make a QR code? This free QR Code plug-in from Meadows Software does it for you!
- SWFpresenter script: This is a must-have for anyone creating interactive documents (such as slideshows in InDesign CS5). Download the script here. Read more about it in this blog post.
- Slide Show script: Want to make a self-running slide show? Check out Keith Gilbert’s great free script here.
- Highlight On-Off: Cross-platform script that toggles all the Preferences > Composition Highlighting settings on and off. This script was written by Gerald Singlemann in his comment he made to a post about Compositing Skills.
- Type Any Unicode Character: This script (called “dotless i.jsx”) simply types a unicode character. You can edit this tiny script in any text editor, such as the free Text Wrangler (Mac) or NotePad (Windows). There are instructions at the top. Just change the Unicode number in the script and save it (you probably want to save it with a different file name).