This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 12
I remember TidBits’ Adam Engst once describing a college student that he had met who was frustrated because iChat could only have 30 IM windows open at the same time (not sure if that’s still the case). I was astonished. But I suppose I shouldn’t be… after all, I often have more than that number of windows open in my web browser. Time to get some of those articles out of there and into here:
- Enfocus has new versions of Pitstop Pro and Server.
- Claudia continues to amaze by finding the most obscure print errors ever.
- Layers Magazine often has some fun InDesign video tutorials for beginners (though I always wonder why the sound quality is so poor), such as these by Christy Winter about making a poster and laying out an invitation.
- In fact, if you’re a beginner and you want even more tutorials, check out this list of 40 “high-quality tutorials” from designm.ag.
- Mike Rankin pointed out this page of scripts… wow! I haven’t tried them yet, but some of these look really good.
- Time + InDesign + MagCloud = pretty cool system for print on demand magazines.
- What if you want rules between your columns, but the column depth may change? Check out this tutorial and video from Marc Autret. (InDiscripts usually does scripting blog posts, but this one doesn’t involve scripts. Just a cool and easy technique.)
- This has nothing to do with InDesign, but I find it fascinating: Adobe Labs presents Story. Has anyone used it? I had meant to create a filmscript template for InDesign but still haven’t gotten to it. Let me know if you have one you want to share.
Well, that’s enough for now. Whew! Happy InDesign-ing!