This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 33
It's a brand new InDependent Week! Time is short this week, but I figured I'd better unload a few of these links atcha' before they get too old:
- Okay, so this first one has nothing to do with InDesign, but if you're into building charts with Illustrator, you gotta' check this detailed step-by-step out.
- Nigel French's new edition of his excellent InDesign Typography book is out... or just about to be out. Buy it from Amazon to support InDesignSecrets.
- Check out this great color theory poster that Rufus Deuchler pointed out. I think it's best against the white background.
- The folks at VIGC have updated their preflight profiles for CS5, plus added several more new ones.
- Harbs at In-Tools.com has updated Column Flow. His blog post about it is interesting because he goes into details about why CS5's span columns feature is lacking in comparison.
- This movie of "how Shift Magazine is made" is fun... It's a good reminder, in the midst of all this crazy interactive stuff, that printing presses and binderies are still important!
- On the other hand, if you're into epub and ebooks, this is a nice little article that brings up some important issues.
- Adobe's interactive digital magazine solution is coming, apparently, and partners are lining up to say they will support it, including MEI's K4 software.
Well, that's enough for now. The summertime is both heating up and slowing down, but we'll keep the tips and techniques coming!