This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 50
I’m at Macworld in San Francisco this week, so I’m a bit behind in my reading and writing. (Besides, I was up mast midnight watching Tron 3D at an IMAX cinema. Wow! Nerdgasm.) Nevertheless, InDesign never sleeps and we’ve got a huge bunch of content you should see this week. Check this stuff out:
- Do you use InCopy? There’s some good tips for printing and stuff here.
- I’m embarassed… I think we forgot to mention on IDS that InDesign CS4 6.0.6 came out!
- How to Convert HTML to XML with Adobe InDesign (from XML Publishing with Adobe InDesign By Dorothy Hoskins)
- Kelly “document geek” Vaughn wrote an interesting article about global relinking called Making InDesign Absolute Links behave like Relative Links
- Here’s a few little InDesign tips at Silicon Beach training
- I wrote an article in InDesign Magazine about how to use object styles to positioning object on your page. Now it’s available to everyone!
- This is a fun little tutorial on how to create a grid based resume (cv)
- Here’s a little tutorial on how to create an InDesign table from an excel file
EPUB and Interactive Stuff
- What’s important when creating epub files? Joshua Tallent argues more energy must be put into design!
- Apple’s iBooks offers a new fixed-layout EPUB format. Here’s an article about how to do it.
- Does it really cost that much to create an eBook: Ebook Pricing vs Revenue
- This news really scared me: Apple enforcement of in-app purchase clause may imperil e-book apps
- iPad magazine sales have been dropping. This is not surprising to me. The numbers will rise again, but it’s going to be a slow improvement.
- Do digital/interactive ads work? This Adobe-sponsored research white paper says yes.
- Being frustrated by eBook and how hard it is to make them look nice, I thought this was great: The Death of Book Design
- In case you want even more information on using InDesign to make Ebooks, check out this list of resources, gathered by Colleen Cunningham
- Liz Castro has uncovered some fun ways to make an Expandable Photo Blocks in iBooks on iPad
- If you’re into making interactive documents, check out this book excerpt, called Creating Multi-object Buttons in Adobe InDesign (excerpted from Interactive InDesign CS5: Take your Print Skills to the Web and Beyond, by Mira Rubin)
Th th th th that’s all folks! Enjoy!