This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 54
Gotta’ rush these to you this week! So much to do, so much to say, so much to read…
- You know you want to learn about EPUB, so why not watch a few hours of Anne-Marie explain it all to you at lynda.com!
- This is a fun and good overview of things to think about when publishing to a tablet device.
- Marijan Tompa, better known to some as tomaxii, has been writing cool scripts and writing up tips and so on… all for free! Now let’s all do him a favor! Donate a few bucks — whatever you can afford — to help send him from his hometown in Serbia to the Print and ePublishing Conference in Washington DC.
- Script typefaces are lovely to work with, but be aware of these do’s and don’ts!
- I haven’t tried this yet, but I’d love to hear how it works: A way to use QuickLook previews on InDesign files, similar to SneakPeekPro from Codeline.
- Here’s a little, pretty straightforward tutorial on creating a gift certificate (voucher).
- Here’s a tutorial by Claudia McCue on using CS5′s multiple page sizes to make a book cover. (This is similar to what Steve Werner talked about in this article.)
- I haven’t had time to digest all of what Adobe’s new web standard, called CSS Regions, is about, but it sure looks interesting!
- There are lots of options for making barcodes in InDesign. Here’s a new script for making ISBN codes. (I still like Teacup software’s barcode maker, though it costs.)
- Are you intrigued by the idea of lending or borrowing eBooks? Here’s my friend G.F.’s article on the subject at the Economist.
- Hey, don’t forget that Monday is “pi day”! Check out one of my other sites, joyofpi.com. And if you’re hungry (or want to become hungry), check out this fun article at npr, sent to me by Terri Stone.