Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- News and Updates:
- Interview with Mohammed Javed Ali, InDesign product manager
- Our top 10 OIFOTW's (Obscure InDesign Features) from episodes 3 to 237
- And this episode's Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Alpha Channel
- trade en ligne said about Can I Open an InDesign Lock (IDLK) File?:I always used to study paragraph in neews…
- David Blatner said about Creating Cross References with Text Anchors:Jenny, if it's a cross-reference, then it may…
- Joe said about Did You Know InDesign Ignores CMYK Profiles?:I know this is a few years old…
Recent Forum Posts
Intelligent image placing
3 hours, 39 minutes ago
Rename all Paragraph styles with specific suffix
12 hours, 41 minutes ago
Using GREP on specific parts of speech, etc
16 hours, 59 minutes ago
Getting a crossword puzzle into a newspaper layout
17 hours, 27 minutes ago
Missing Keyboard Shortcuts
2 days, 23 hours ago