Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
- An Easier Way to Apply Gradients to Table Cells - February 11, 2016
- Create a Valentine’s Day Pattern Using Conditional Text - January 18, 2016
- How to Create a Checkerboard Paragraph Rule - December 3, 2015
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Latest news:
- Our 2016 InDesign Resolution: Pay Attention to the Little Things!
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Select and Fit Item
- Ajmal Shah said about An Easier Way to Apply Gradients to Table Cells:Thanx for this tutorial very helpful
- 8tv blogger boy said about Field Guide to Composition Highlighting:Some blog authors use polls and questionnaires to…
- Laura Cruise said about Resize Your Documents to Fit One or More Objects on the Page:So helpful! Thank you!!
Recent Forum Posts
Build printer pool from a list of printers via applescript
13 hours, 48 minutes ago
? a m w ? ???.C o m?????~? ??????????????
16 hours, 47 minutes ago
Looking for help learning basic scripting
1 day, 2 hours ago
TOC missing titles
1 day, 6 hours ago
Book Panel, alternate layout and numbering
1 day, 7 hours ago