InDesignSecrets Podcast 205
view the transcript of this podcast.
In this episode:
- News: InDesign Conference; PePcon; Lynda Weinman creative keynote!
- Neglected Panels (some you may not even know about)
- Worth a(nother) look: Info, Tool Hints, Kuler, Background Tasks, Story, Attributes
- Forgettable for most users: Trap Presets, Timing (until HTML 5 export!), Script Label, Tags, Transform (redundant!), Flattener Preview
- Wait-and-see: Adobe Exchange
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Consolidate All to Here
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> Em Software is the developer of DocsFlow Pro (among other cool InDesign plug-ins) that allows you to do real-time collaboration with off-site editors using Google Docs. Place early-draft stories or spreadsheets from Google Docs into your layout, map its styles to your InDesign styles and start your production work while your authors and editors continue working on the original documents. Merge their updated work at any time into your InDesign layouts with a single command, without losing anything, and with InDesign notes left at any points of conflicts. Special offer just for InDesignSecrets listeners: DocsFlow Pro 2.0 is 25% off in the EmSoftware.com store (for new licenses only) using the code DFP1213 until the end of December 2013!
>> Recosoft: Open and convert PDF and Windows XPS documents directly in Adobe InDesign CC right from InDesign’s File menu with their latest version (4.0) of PDF2ID, the amazing InDesign plug-in. Earlier 3.5 version still available for InDesign versions CS4 to CS6. Be sure to check out their other amazing plug-in for InDesign users, ID2Office: export your InDesign files to Word or Powerpoint! Special offer just for InDesignSecrets listeners, through January 2014, get 25% discount off PDF2ID v3.5 or ID2Office v1.5 with code ID_Secrets
- Chicago Blues Fest during PePcon 2014!
- Posts, Podcasts, and PDFs about these poor, poor panels
- Adios, Navigator panel
- Your forgotten friend, the Info panel
- What is the Script Label panel for?
- Here’s a clever use for the Attributes panel
- The Flattener Preview panel was hot stuff in Podcast 88 (and Sandee Cohen originally coined it Blatner Preview)
- Trap Presets panel? Grab this PDF excerpt of the Trapping section from Real World InDesign
- Candid shot of the wily Background Tasks panel in its lair: