InDesignSecrets Podcast 212
In this episode:
- News: Registration opens for The InDesign Conference, Free InDesign template of the month
- Getting HTML 5 out of InDesign: Why and How?
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Missing Glyph Protection
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> Rorohiko: Check out Rorohiko’s upcoming “Crawler,” a new InDesign plug-in that will let you export a layout’s content to HTML, ePub, Fixed Layout, and even Markdown (like the “RTF” of HTML). Its Fixed Layout output will have an option to export “Clean CSS” and “Clean HTML” making the files much easier to edit than the ones InDesign creates. Go to the Crawler page to learn more, and click the link there to contact Kris at Rorohiko with your questions about it. Or if you’re in the mood for something that you can download and use today to make your InDesign-ing easier (like Sudoku Generator and Text Exporter, mentioned in the podcast), visit the main Rorohiko.com site and just click on the Products List button. Whoa! So much to choose from, and many of them free!
- InDesign Conference: Nov 3–5, 2014, in Seattle
- InDesign Magazine’s July issue: The Best Things in Life are Free
- Be sure to check out the August issue (#64), too, which is all about music publishing and sound files in InDesign. Get your headsets ready!
- Free InDesign template for Premium members of InDesignSecrets.com
- HTML5 out of InDesign solutions: eDocker Create from eDocker and In5 from Ajar Productions
- Read about and download the Swimmer script, one of PePcon 2014′s People’s Choice scripts, written by Rorohiko