This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 118
Interested in typography? DPS? Design? Whatever your interest, we have something at InDesignSecrets for you… but of course, there’s even more out there! Here’s some links you should look at:
- Still using Mac OS 10.6 or earlier? Watch out, as Adobe is dropping support.
- And, while we’re on the topic, Adobe is also dropping support for DPS in CS5 and CS5.5 later this year.
- Peachpit Press has released the 3rd edition of Nigel French’s InDesign Type book! It’s chock full of good information. (In fact, I liked it so much, I agreed to write the foreword.)
- Speaking of type and typography, you need to check out this wonderful type-matching game: TypeConnection
- Here are two music-related InDesign tutorials:
- Here’s a short tutorial on how to create a magazine cover and inner-spread
- Adobe seems to be doing pretty well financially and now has over 1.85 million Creative Cloud members. Read The Economist’s take on why investors are so happy with how Adobe is doing, even though their revenues are down.
- Just for fun: You know the movie “There Will Be Blood?” Here’s the print version.
- Here’s a terrific overview of hyphens: Know Your Hyphens, En and Em Dashes
- And if you’re looking for even more lists of awesome links this week, check out Mike Rankin’s great The CreativePro Weekly Top 10, vol. 8