Crash Fixes Installer Released for CC 2018 (October Release)
Have you recently installed InDesign CC 2018 (a.k.a. InDesign 13.0) and are now experiencing application crashes? In an unusually speedy response to recent crash reports, Adobe InDesign engineers have posted a document detailing a bug fix for several crashing issues with InDesign CC 2018 (October Release). The page includes instructions to install fixes if Mac and Windows users are having any of these issues.
Issues addressed include the following:
- [macOS only] When you use the Eyedropper tool in a table.
- When you embed, relink, or work with linked assets with ICC Profile column enabled in the Links panel.
- When you copy and paste text frame to other Creative Cloud applications, such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
- When you place or move frames and images.
- [Windows only] When you launch InDesign CC, you get the following error message stating that you do not have sufficient permissions.
Engineers are expecting to include these fixes in an update to InDesign through the Creative Cloud desktop app in a few weeks. But they wanted to get the fixes out now to provide immediate relief to users facing these issues.