InDesign Magazine Issue 67: Fixed-Layout EPUB
We’re happy to announce that InDesign Magazine Issue 67 (November, 2014) is now available! This month’s theme is “fixed-lyout EPUB,” which is perhaps the most-important new feature in the 2014.1 release of InDesign that came out a couple of weeks ago. But print-lovers will be happy, too, because Claudia McCue returns for an in-depth look at some features everyone who prints needs to know about.
Here’s what the issue includes:
- Laura Brady shares her experiences with Fixed Layout EPUB (FXL), and lets you download a sample document to test!
- Anne-Marie Concepcion explores some tricky type problems (and solutions) in FXL files
- Claudia McCue explains the Separations Preview panel (including the Ink Limit feature) and the Flattener Preview panel. Important stuff!
- Jean-Claude Tremblay has as fun “GREP of the Month” for you: Locations
- Chad Chelius uncovers a cool fixed-layout EPUB created in InDesign that any photographer (or lover of photographs) will enjoy.
- And of course, always check out the Best of the Blog, in case you missed these great tips.
Remember, you can find every issue of InDesign Magazine here, or by clicking Magazine above.
(And remember, monthly subscribers only get access to the current month’s magazine. Annual subscribers get this month’s issue plus 10 years of back issues!)