InDesign Template Essentials: GREP Styles
Another month, another free template for our Premium members! (Not a Premium member? Sign up here.)
This time*, we have a nifty collection of GREP styles to save you time and effort in formatting text!
The template starts out with a brief introduction to the basics of using GREP in InDesign, and an explanation of how to wield the power of GREP in paragraph styles.
Then there are several working GREP styles you can copy and adapt in your own documents.
There are GREP styles to do the following:
- apply superscript and subscript in science and math text
- format prices and fractions
- automatically apply dingbat fonts when you want characters like checkmarks
- eliminate runts at the end of paragraphs
- reduce the horizontal scale of unwieldy em dashes
- prevent problematic breaks in email addresses and URLs
And to top it off there’s a handy collection of recommended GREP resources including magazine articles, blog posts, ebooks, and videos.
If you’re currently logged in to InDesignSecrets.com as a Premium member, the download link appears below.
Enjoy!Sorry! Premium members, please log in at the top of the page, or become a premium member of InDesignSecrets.
What can we do for you?
Need another kind of template? Tell us what you want! Email mike at indesignsecrets.com with your template idea and maybe it will become the next template of the month.
*This is the slightly tardy template for February 2017, another template will follow later this month to cover March.