This Month in InDesign Articles, Number 140
Our editor in chief, Mike Rankin, is out on holiday this week, which means I get to write anything I want! I can feel the power pulsing in my typing fingers, the chance to finally break out and express how I truly feel without fear of censorship or criticism… Yes! And what I want to say is: Enjoy these articles.
- Have you ever wanted to learn how to edit and write scripts in InDesign? It’s not nearly as hard as you’d think!
- This shouldn’t be possible, but it is: Adding a Scrolling Frame in FXL and Publish Online
- Leading is the amount of space from one baseline of text to the next (or, technically, previous). But there is a lot more to know about leading!
- In case you missed it, Anne-Marie and I posted our 40-minute “InDesign Tips & Tricks” video from PePcon 2015.
- Word spacing (the amount of space between each word in a line of text) is critical for good typography. Learn how to do it right!
- You know that “Flash is dead,” but you may not have heard that Adobe Flash Professional is not! It is morphing into an HTML5 tool, and the name is changing to Adobe Animate CC.
- Just because you can make your files names really long doesn’t mean you should. Claudia McCue discovered one situation where long file names can cause havoc!
- Need to draw “measurement lines” around an object on your page? Check out this amazing script from Colin Flashman.
- If some or all of your images go missing, you can find them in the Links panel. But if you have a lot to relink, you might appreciate this Applescript. Dr. Scripto came up with another applescript, too, to relink the same image that shows up in lots of different documents.
- You know you can customize InDesign’s placeholder text, right?
- If you haven’t used Adobe Capture yet (or even if you have), you ought to read this!
- For anyone who thinks print magazines are dead or dying, see this.
Looking forward to even more in the new year! Happy new year everyone.