Tip of the Week: Swatch Navigation
This InDesign tip on swatch navigation was sent to Tip of the Week email subscribers on June 14, 2018.
Sign up now and every week you’ll get a new tip, keyboard shortcut, and roundups of new articles, plus exclusive deals sent right to your Inbox!
Just scroll down to the bottom of this page, enter your email address, and click Go! We’ll take care of the rest. Now, on with the tip!
When you first open the Swatches panel via its keyboard shortcut (F5), you can apply swatches and tints via the keyboard. Use these tips to get a handle on swatch navigation.
- If the currently applied swatch is [None], the “focus” is in the swatch list, otherwise the “focus” is in the Tint field.
- Press Tab to move back and forth between the Tint field and the swatch list.
- Use your arrow keys to move through the swatch list.
- Press Tab to jump back to the Tint field.
- If the Swatches panel is already open, you can make it keyboard navigable by Command-Option/ Control-Alt clicking on the list of swatches.