This Month in Articles, November 2017
You can tell a lot about a person by the tools they use… or mis-use. (Like when I try using a heavy wrench as a hammer.) My favorite tool is Adobe InDesign, so what does that say about me? (Suave? Debonaire? Chic?!)
While you’re pondering that question, consider clicking through these links:
- David Bergsland wrote a good piece about CC 2018’s paragraph borders feature
- This guy came to my session at Adobe MAX and does a great job giving a synopsis of many of the tips I showed.
- I like this Chuck Green (Ideabook) article showing a before & after for a newsletter page layout
- Are you scripting InDesign? If so, you need to bookmark this page with the ExtendScript API!
- Here’s a little infographic on the topic of setting up a booklet to print at a commercial printer
- Want to design a report? Here’s how to design one people will read.
- Pretty effect: How to make text look like ice
- Do you use QR codes? They’re becoming more popular again, partly because iOS 11 now finds QR codes automatically
- Holy mackerel, in5 (HTML5 export from InDesign) now has page curl (and other cool new features). Check out Justin’s playlist of exporting a digital magazine with in5.
- OK, font lovers: Here’s a piece on designing Hebrew fonts; and this book tells you to Never Use Futura
- Here’s a nice little tutorial on Data Merge, written by Chana Messer, for anyone who has been curious and wants to test it out
- I went to the (great) Publishing@W3C conference a few weeks ago… this is a good summary of what happened there!