This Month in InDesign Articles, May 2017
I’ve been crazy-busy with CreativePro Week (which was last week in Atlanta, but there are “Virtual Pass” options to get the video recordings of the conference sessions). But we should never be too busy to learn something new! Here are some links to articles and videos that you might want to check out:
- Most users don’t think about the Esc key… but you should! Here’s what Conrad Chavez says about it.
- Hey, can you do my friend Brian Lawler a favor and fill in this short survey for your “desert island fonts”?
- Typographics 2017 is around the corner! If you’re near NYC, check it out.
- The folks behind Font Diner and Mr. Retro are presenting a cool-looking Font Design workshop… one in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and another in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Justin at Ajar Productions is at it again… here are two pages you have to see: First, SimpleHTML is a super easy way to export basic HTML of your documents so you can repurpose articles for, say, WordPress. Next, you have to see this web banner ad he created in InDesign and integrated into his site.
- Laura Brady and several other authors have been writing some terrific pieces at epubsecrets recently! Check out this one on the present and future of ebooks. Or this one on “Post-InDesign Remediation of EPUBs.“
- Every InDesign user should try to use at least one script. Here’s a list of 40 to choose from!
- Hey, on the topic of scripts… check out these great “housekeeping” scripts from Colin Flashman at Colecandoo.
- OK, this is not specifically about InDesign, but it’s important to understand that the future of publishing is “HTML First.”
- If you’re a coder/developer/IT person who supports graphics professionals (or you know someone who is), read Max Dunn’s great article about the Creative Developers Summit.
- Here’s a tutorial on how to lay out a book in InDesign