This Month in InDesign Articles, October 2018
It’s interesting to me that the fall (or spring, in the southern hemisphere) is the beginning of the new year for students, teachers, and the Jewish people. A sense of learning and new options is in the air! And a new version of InDesign (and other Create Cloud apps) is about to drop in our laps… time to take a deep breath and dive in!
- Important information for anyone using older versions of Windows or Mac OS software about Adobe dropping support for older software
- A really cool lineup of alphabet characters that got cut from modern English. (Though some still show up in other languages!)
- If you haven’t seen this sneak peek of Content Aware Fit in InDesign CC 2019, you should!
- Ilene Strizver always has good insights into fonts and type… here’s Five Typesetting Mysteries Solved.
- John McWade has a new title on LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com) on Designing a Magazine Cover — part of a longer series he’s doing on designing a full magazine.
- I love reading Seth Godin’s thoughts on print and printers!
- Want to learn how to make endnotes in InDesign CC? Here’s a great little tutorial from Adobe!
- Need imposition software? Meadows Software is offering their Productivity Suite (which includes imposition and other tools) for free.
- ID-extras makes some of the most helpful commercial InDesign scripts. I love how Ariel posts updates on what kind of improvements they’re making.
- There’s a new version of Acrobat DC, and they’re really focusing on the process of comment-and-review! This goes hand-in-hand with another sneak peek they gave about InDesign CC 2019: the ability to import PDF comments, and even make the changes automatically!
- Can you draw? Yes you can! And October has been renamed… Inktober!
- Did you see that Adobe is canceling the ACI (Adobe Certified Instructor) and Certified Training Center programs?
- You know how much work we put into picking a great font and making it really readable? Turns out that illegible type may be better for actual memory recall!