Tip of the Week: Instant Icons with Font Awesome
Mike Rankin January 17, 2017
This InDesign tip on creating instant icons with Font Awesome was sent to Tip of the Week email subscribers on January 12, 2017.
Sign up now and every week you’ll get a new tip, keyboard shortcut, and roundups of new articles, plus exclusive deals sent right to your Inbox!
Just scroll down to the bottom of this page, enter your email address, and click Go! We’ll take care of the rest. Now, on with the tip!
If you work with interactive documents, you might need to insert icons for things like social media, or buttons for use with audio and video, help files, downloads, credit cards, contact info, etc. If that’s the case, then you should check out the aptly named Font Awesome.
The OpenType version is free and it contains an abundance of useful icons (675 in the most recent version), which you can keep as live text, or convert to outlines and format like any other vector graphic.
Whether you want Rebels or Rubles, Likes or Bikes, Font Awesome, is well, aw…fully handy.
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Lots of News:
- What's new in InDesign CC 2018
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Triplespace
- RTB said about Making a Text Highlighter:I assume this would also work in InCopy.
- Steve Werner said about Crash Fixes Installer Released for CC 2018 (October Release):The update for InDesign CC 2018 13.0.1 arrived…
- Outlook Support UK said about When Pasting Text from Word Turns It into an Image in InDesign:Outlook provides several services such as email, notebook,…