Tip of the Week: Instant Icons with Font Awesome
Mike Rankin January 17, 2017
This InDesign tip on creating instant icons with Font Awesome was sent to Tip of the Week email subscribers on January 12, 2017.
Sign up now and every week you’ll get a new tip, keyboard shortcut, and roundups of new articles, plus exclusive deals sent right to your Inbox!
Just scroll down to the bottom of this page, enter your email address, and click Go! We’ll take care of the rest. Now, on with the tip!
If you work with interactive documents, you might need to insert icons for things like social media, or buttons for use with audio and video, help files, downloads, credit cards, contact info, etc. If that’s the case, then you should check out the aptly named Font Awesome.
The OpenType version is free and it contains an abundance of useful icons (675 in the most recent version), which you can keep as live text, or convert to outlines and format like any other vector graphic.
Whether you want Rebels or Rubles, Likes or Bikes, Font Awesome, is well, aw…fully handy.
Latest posts by Mike Rankin (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- We review all the features/fixes in just-released InDesign CC 2018.1 update
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Knockout Group
- theedgeofuniverse said about Use the CS3 Video Workshop to Learn InDesign CS3:Hello everyone! source code for those videos is…
- Disappointed said about Changing Layer Visibility in an Interactive PDF:Yeah, but here's the thing...how do you publish…
- Pankaj said about Working With Endnotes in InDesign:I want to know how we set endnote…