Tip of the Week: Instant Icons with Font Awesome
Mike Rankin January 17, 2017
This InDesign tip on creating instant icons with Font Awesome was sent to Tip of the Week email subscribers on January 12, 2017.
Sign up now and every week you’ll get a new tip, keyboard shortcut, and roundups of new articles, plus exclusive deals sent right to your Inbox!
Just scroll down to the bottom of this page, enter your email address, and click Go! We’ll take care of the rest. Now, on with the tip!
If you work with interactive documents, you might need to insert icons for things like social media, or buttons for use with audio and video, help files, downloads, credit cards, contact info, etc. If that’s the case, then you should check out the aptly named Font Awesome.
The OpenType version is free and it contains an abundance of useful icons (675 in the most recent version), which you can keep as live text, or convert to outlines and format like any other vector graphic.
Whether you want Rebels or Rubles, Likes or Bikes, Font Awesome, is well, aw…fully handy.
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- News and Updates:
- Interview with Justin Seeley, Adobe genius and Star Wars nerd
- Fascinating fresh features for footnotes, finally
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Inline Background Color
- Edward said about Free Lynda.com Video: InDesign CC 2015 EPUB Fundamentals:I am going through Ann-Marie's "InDesign CC 2015…
- Laura said about FindBetween: A Useful GREP String:THANK YOU! this article has saved me a…
- Lindsey Martin said about Camelot2: The Next Big Thing for Interactive PDF?:Thanks for the note. It will be interesting…
Recent Forum Posts
Remove # character in the middle of document
13 hours, 5 minutes ago
Epub production InDesign CS 5.5
2 days, 7 hours ago
Teeny-weeny Optimised Formatted Images on XML export
3 days, 9 hours ago
Object / Frame style? padding around objects?
4 days, 2 hours ago
1 day, 17 hours ago