Tip of the Week: Instant Icons with Font Awesome
Mike Rankin January 17, 2017
This InDesign tip on creating instant icons with Font Awesome was sent to Tip of the Week email subscribers on January 12, 2017.
Sign up now and every week you’ll get a new tip, keyboard shortcut, and roundups of new articles, plus exclusive deals sent right to your Inbox!
Just scroll down to the bottom of this page, enter your email address, and click Go! We’ll take care of the rest. Now, on with the tip!
If you work with interactive documents, you might need to insert icons for things like social media, or buttons for use with audio and video, help files, downloads, credit cards, contact info, etc. If that’s the case, then you should check out the aptly named Font Awesome.
The OpenType version is free and it contains an abundance of useful icons (675 in the most recent version), which you can keep as live text, or convert to outlines and format like any other vector graphic.
Whether you want Rebels or Rubles, Likes or Bikes, Font Awesome, is well, aw…fully handy.
Latest posts by Mike Rankin (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- What's new and what to watch out for with InDesign CC 2019
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: By Unicode (or by CID/GID)
- Lars Chr said about Making Numbered Tickets:Another solution is to make a CSV dokument…
- Sergey said about How to Save InDesign Files as Layered Photoshop Files:Peter, Copy script file from indesign folder to…
- E Lisette Gerald-Yamasaki said about Creating an Interactive Portfolio:That's to say, the Image Catalog doesn't appear…