100+ layers in 1 indd. Palette selection…

Learn / Forums / General InDesign Topics / 100+ layers in 1 indd. Palette selection…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bart Van Put

I repeatedly have jobs with 100+ layers. Personalizing stuff. Now what I would like is to keep my layer palette not be at vertical max size. I want some way to have the palette scroll to the layer where I have an object selected. Anybody thought of a way to approach this before ?
      I was thinking of maybe creating a separate palette where the only active layers are shown, not the rest. If feasible.

Thanks !
      Bart Van Put

David Blatner
      Keymaster

Wow, that is a lot of layers! You might want to request this feature at indesign.uservoice.com

Also, you might want to look at using DTP Tool Cloud, which includes Layer Groups: https://www.dtptools.com/help.asp?id=14

Bart Van Put

Hello David, tx for looking into this. I looked at layer group and layer comp : I don’t think it would be quite what I am looking for. Maybe I need to formulate a well phrased request through uservoice . I tried another tack via Roro et Co, to see if it would be a nice challenge to write a palette from scratch.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>