16 bit color enhance this InDesign pdf?

Learn / Forums / General InDesign Topics / 16 bit color enhance this InDesign pdf?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I designed some geometric patterns in InDesign, and as the printer wants PSDs and jpegs for output, my process is making a pdf of the final INDD pattern, and placing that in a PSD document, then adding text element from Illustrator and making the final PSDS and jpegs that way. One sample was printed and it worked great. Now I have to do tons of these.

Yesterday I noticed the 16 bit option when creating a new file in Photoshop — never made a conscious choice about that at that stage before. But thought 16 bit color might make for better color. I doubt it was what I used for the sample that was printed. These are all cmyk mixes, most don’t use transparency, and geometric shapes, Fairly limited color palettes, though with primary, secondary, and complimentary colors, but not the range of different colors in a photograph.

Question — will I get better color results with 16 bit color? I did some with 8-bit, before I noticed the 16, would color on those be noticeably different from the 8 bit ones?

I’m having to guess as I can’t be in touch with the printer directly, got my client through an online freelancer service and client won’t allow that.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>