2 sided printing

Learn / Forums / General InDesign Topics / 2 sided printing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

hi there newbie to indesign im making calendars an flyers etc and i am making address books just now and i have made my page from the original address book i paper source is a5 and i am trying to print 2 sided so that my pages are the same on both sides of the paper i have my printer set for 2 sided printing but it only prints on the one side is there certain settings that i should be making in indesign so that i can print 2 sided properly.

malcolm

Graham Park

If there is only one page then there is nothing to print on the back.
      Just duplicate the page in InDesign then there will be two pages to print.

hi thanks for your reply i have 2 pages with the data on them and i have the pages pallet open on the right hand side showing page 1 and 2 I’ve got my printer set for 2 sided printing and the a5 paper selected im using epson xp-615 and the epson xp-900 which both have 2 sided printing but still just prints out the one side and not 2 i must have something set up wrong in in design.

Just a stab in the dark, but is the printer itself set to print two-sided? Not your InDesign settings, but the printer itself?

I only ask because a few years ago at work we had trouble printing double-sided and we had to access the printer via the the IP address and log into it and enable double-sided printing.

We also had to go that route as well at one time because an update (either MacOS, Adobe, or printer) suddenly caused all files to print double-sided when we wanted on-sided. We had to log into the printer via IP address and make the default single, but allow double when selected in InDesign.

This is how I print double-sided. https://i.imgur.com/toSD7kr.png (Your printer may show differently)
      Have you tried printing a PDF from Acrobat? Are you trying to print single sheets or a booklet?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>