2019 Indesign too slow!

Learn / Forums / General InDesign Topics / 2019 Indesign too slow!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dianne Fales
      Participant

Does anyone know if Adobe is going to fix this problem? I just uninstalled 2019 CC InDesign, as I found it too frustrating to work with. I have a Windows 10 PC. I have read others are having same issue; this version is really unusable.

David Blatner
      Keymaster

Have you rebuild/reset your preferences? I always recommend people rebuild their preferences after installing a new version.

I’m having the same issue, Dianne. I’m running it on a Mac Pro, Mac OS Mojave. About every 10-30 seconds, while I’m working on a file, I get the “spinning beach ball of annoyance” for about 5-10 seconds. I’ve done the same thing and reinstalled 2018. I am wondering if it has something to do with A.) Creative Cloud library syncing in the background (type kit fonts, i.e.) ?? or B:) Autosaving

I was having issues with Photoshop CC 2019 as well (it was crashing every single time I would save a file) and I found a setting called “Save in Background” in the preferences that if unchecked resolved that issue.

I haven’t found anything like the above in the new version of indesign. I think I will try disabling all type kit fonts and see if I see any performance improvements. I agree though. This version has proven to be quite unstable.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>