I have a numbered list (1-72) that needs to have a checkbox in front of each number. I have a paragraph style already set up to handle the checkbox lists found in other parts of the doc, but this one list needs to have numbers after each checkbox. I see where you can add a bullet character to a numbered list in the paragraph styles, but doesn’t really give me access to change that bullet character to the checkbox character I have set up – or at least I can’t figure out how to do it. I can always manually add the numbers after each but hoping there’s a better way.
I think I would probably use automatic paragraph numbering on the paragraphs, and then use Type > Bullets & Numbering > Convert Numbered List to Text. Then apply a bullet character that looks like a checkbox.
Just another idea: If the column widht doesn’t change: Use two paragraph rules with indentation. Rule above with a color. Rule below in white. The difference between rule below and above determines the thickness of the checkbox.
1. First make a numbered list
2. Then make a bulleted list (checkbox) paragraph style).
3. Then make a TOC that includes the numbered list paragraph style, have the Entry style be your checkbox paragraph style, and choose “Include Full Paragraph.”
Thanks so much for all the great ideas! All could work but I went the TOC route since I can use the same checkbox I’m using through out, and I know this list will be edited – Murphy’s Law… I couldn’t figure out a solution and you guys gave me 3, awesome! They are now stored in my toolbox.
1. Create a new dotted stroke style, e.g. pattern length: 500 mm, corners: 0
2. Create a new paragraph style with a numbered list (alingment center, use a left indent and a tab)
3. Use a paragraph rule below, type your new stroke style (one dotted point) and adjust your settings