Treasures From the Vaults
David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepcion July 1, 2018
This article appeared in Issue 111 of InDesign Magazine.
Long-lost gems from InDesignSecrets
You’ve probably heard about those amazing people who can remember everything they wore on every day of their lives, or can recall every line of every episode of Seinfeld from memory. We aren’t like that. We occasionally forget things (sometimes more than occasionally). We bet you do, too, and you probably appreciate a gentle reminder from time to time.
So perhaps it’s not surprising that we constantly find old articles that we ourselves wrote or edited… and yet have completely forgotten about over the years. That’s what happened recently as we delved into the thousands of posts on InDesignSecrets.com. We kept exclaiming, “wow, what a great tip! I forgot about that one.”
That’s when we realized that it was time to pull some of these out the dark recesses of the vaults and bring them back into the light, publishing them in this issue of InDesign Magazine. We’re sharing a wide variety of the fun and the funky, the useful and the unusual tips and techniques that InDesignSecrets has been publishing gratis for over a decade.
The amazing thing is that even tips from years ago are still very relevant to InDesign users today. Our goal is to help make you more productive and have more fun while you work. We think these “secrets” will do the trick!
. . . .
This article from InDesign Magazine is for InDesignSecrets premium subscribers only. To continue reading, please log in above, or sign up for a premium membership today! Thanks for supporting InDesignSecrets!
David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepcion
Latest posts by David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepcion (see all)
- Tip of the Week: Better Drop Shadows - August 7, 2018
- Tip of the Week: Show Your Options - July 31, 2018
- Tip of the Week: Finding the ICC Color Profile Assigned to the Current Document - July 17, 2018
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Johanna said about Tip of the Week: Fill and Stroke Shortcuts:Awesome, THANKS!
- Andreas Norén said about Tip of the Week: Fill and Stroke Shortcuts:Select the text frame. Press J. (Selects text…
- Johanna said about Tip of the Week: Fill and Stroke Shortcuts:How about toggling fill/stroke in text? I often…