Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
by: Kelly Vaughn | July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
- Using the Links Panel to Locate the Original Raw Image - August 10, 2015
- Making a Charlie Brown Shirt with Conditional Text - July 31, 2015
- How to Check Tint Shades Using the Separations Preview Panel - May 4, 2015
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- free daily tarot said about For Interactive PDF, Not All Readers Are Equal:Hello, yeah this post is genuinely nice and…
- Doug said about Read This Before Installing InDesign CC 2015!:Unfortunately, I have had the exact same experience!...…
- chaqueta north face hombre said about Adding Bleed to a Document:todas las prendas The North Face: chaquetas, forros,…
Recent Forum Posts
Table row height ignores cell inset value when text goes to 2 lines
11 hours, 39 minutes ago
numbered list: 1 2 3A 3B 4
5 hours, 47 minutes ago
exporting graphic links to eps
17 hours, 50 minutes ago
Swapping order of words with GREP
16 hours, 45 minutes ago
Find/Change Info from Excel Sheet
2 days, 10 hours ago