Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Latest news:
- We each describe 3 of our favorite free InDesign scripts
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Satin
- The QUIZZLER answer and winner! She had a 1 out of 1 chance of winning ;-)
- Diamond said about How to Download CS6 When You have a CC Subscription:I cancelled my CC subscription and can no…
- David Blatner said about Converting Text to Outlines the Right Way, Updated:Rob: Very unlikely that you will be able…
- Rob said about Converting Text to Outlines the Right Way, Updated:Thanks David! This works great for high res…
Recent Forum Posts
Fold on the top??
8 minutes ago
XLS import problem
10 hours, 37 minutes ago
Forms: threaded text boxes?
10 hours, 41 minutes ago
Select All Unused and the color I can't find and see in my spread!?
4 hours, 48 minutes ago
Convert Endnotes to Cross References?
1 day, 2 hours ago