Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- News and Updates:
- Using Acrobat's deeply buried Object Inspector on your InDesign PDFs!
- The Next Big Thing for interactive PDFs? We hear things ...
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Flip Pages (it's not what you think)
- morty forea said about How to See the Hexadecimal Value for a Given Color or Swatch:Mopix Hex Colour Picker helps designers and online…
- henrique rita said about Free Lynda.com Video: Creating Accessible PDFs:I am looking for new professional challenges, I…
- pesky buckwater said about Why Did My Curly Typography Quotes Turn Off?:I have same problem. If font is retained,…
Recent Forum Posts
LinkOptimizer (Zevrix) alternatives for Windows
2 hours, 40 minutes ago
InDesign to Kindle (follow-up from ID Magazine article)
19 hours, 32 minutes ago
1 day, 16 hours ago
How to set Full justify with last line aligned left in Paragraph Styles
1 day, 3 hours ago
2 days, 9 hours ago