Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Latest news:
- All about InDesign's new GPU feature
- Interview with Brian Wood, InDesign Guru
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Zoom Setting
- The QUIZZLER returns!
- Edoardo said about Creating Multiple Indexes in InDesign:In my opinion, the best way is to…
- Midia Digital said about Acrobat’s Adobe PDF Printer Replaced in Snow Leopard:Cada empresa precisa encontrar respectivo próprio caminho e…
- Edward Kavimba Lungu PhD said about InDesign Template Essentials: Advanced Paragraph Styles:Dear Staff Glad I signed up for this.…
Recent Forum Posts
Broken links in Indesign with El Capitan's Photos app
2 days, 18 hours ago
GREP number change
2 days, 20 hours ago
Anchored frames not breaking across pages
2 days, 21 hours ago
Find Change fails to apply paragraph styles
3 days, 9 hours ago