Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
by: Kelly Vaughn | July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
- How to Check Tint Shades Using the Separations Preview Panel - May 4, 2015
- Supercharge Your Graphics with Cell Styles - March 19, 2015
- Overcoming Limitations with Find/Change and Conditional Text - March 15, 2015
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Howard Moss said about Creating a Two-Function Button for Interactive PDF or SWF:I seem to have sorted this issue but…
- Jay Dave said about Another Way to Delete All the Images (but leave the frames):Thank you very much for sharing ! Very…
- David Blatner said about How to Turn Off InDesign’s New Welcome Screen:That is pretty strange! Maybe rebuild your preferences?…
Recent Forum Posts
OAM Widget – make full screen in FL-EPUB
5 hours, 28 minutes ago
CAD vectors embedded into PDFs
8 hours, 13 minutes ago
Apply different character styles to one paragraph style
12 hours, 23 minutes ago
Renumbering static note reference numbers (GREP?)
4 hours, 45 minutes ago
"Freshness" of forum posts?
22 hours, 1 minute ago