Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- News and Updates:
- Interview with Mohammed Javed Ali, InDesign product manager
- Our top 10 OIFOTW's (Obscure InDesign Features) from episodes 3 to 237
- And this episode's Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Alpha Channel
- Peter Kahrel said about Creating a Batch of PDFs With a Script:What do you mean when you say "locate…
- Liam said about Use InDesign Table of Contents to Make PDF Bookmarks:Wonderful post! We are libking to this great…
- Due Diligence Services said about Better InDesign Contact Sheets:You got a very superb website, Gladiola I…
Recent Forum Posts
Remove TAB From Text
17 hours, 59 minutes ago
Background task panel bug
1 day, 16 hours ago
InDesign CC2017 + MathMagic Pro 9.3 plugin for CC 2017 performance issues
1 day, 12 hours ago
ID CC 2017 keeps crashing with Acrobat Pro DC
1 day, 20 hours ago