Version-Specific Application Icons for InDesign
Kelly Vaughn July 24, 2014
Before CS6, Adobe had different icons for each version of its applications. So it was relatively easy to tell which version you were using to open a file. Starting with CS6, Adobe stopped changing the icons for each version. So it was easy to get confused as to which version you very using. Today I decided to break down and finally make myself some new version-specific InDesign icons. These instructions are for Mac users.
- Download the images below and open them in either Preview or Photoshop.
- Select All.
- Navigate to InDesign on your hard drive.
- Press Cmd+I to open the Get Info dialog box
- Click on the application icon in the dialog box and then paste the new icon.
Once you change the icon for each version of InDesign you have installed, it will be easy to tell them apart in the Application Switcher (Cmd + Tab). You may have to restart your programs and/or computer in order to get the app switcher to acknowledge all the changes.
For bonus points, you can also add the apps to your Finder toolbar. Simply drag the application onto the top of your toolbar. If you to need to move (or remove) the icon, hold down the Command key while dragging the icon.
Latest posts by Kelly Vaughn (see all)
- Using the Links Panel to Locate the Original Raw Image - August 10, 2015
- Making a Charlie Brown Shirt with Conditional Text - July 31, 2015
- How to Check Tint Shades Using the Separations Preview Panel - May 4, 2015
Sign up for the InDesign
Tip of the Week
- Greg said about Data Merge Into Inline Anchored Objects So They Flow in a Story:It is working for me except that it…
- Inkling said about Read This Before Installing InDesign CC 2015!:Those who're having trouble with ID slowdowns might…
- martin said about Read This Before Installing InDesign CC 2015!:totally agree Homero, In Design slowed to such…
Recent Forum Posts
paragraph and character style buttons missing.
1 day, 14 hours ago
Hope this function is available on InDesign!
1 day, 23 hours ago
Threading grouped frames
1 day, 18 hours ago
InDesign table row height script?
2 days, 15 hours ago
Convert smart (curly) quotes to dumb (straight) quotes in InDesign using JS
2 days, 23 hours ago