InDesignSecrets Podcast 139
Listen in your browser: InDesignSecrets-139.mp3 (16 MB, 29:17 minutes)
- Super tips and tricks for Object Styles, such as:
- Apply first/next paragraph style
- Set position of the object
- Set width of the text frame
- Quizzler winner: How many floppy disc icons in InDesign? (more than you think!)
- Keyboard Shortcut of the Week: Ctrl-Alt-2 / Cmd-Option-2
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Spacing Options
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> In-Tools is owned by the famous -Harbs- who helps out so many users here on the blog and in our forum. He and his company develop many scripts and plug-ins that are so useful for InDesign users. In this episode we talked about the amazing Power Headers plug-in for automatically creating running headers with a wealth of options and filters, and AutoFlow Pro, which was reviewed in the current issue of InDesign Magazine. And in his spare time, Harbs writes an engaging blog on his company site at In-Tools.com, check it out!
>> Rorohiko has a number of cool plug-ins for InDesign users that slash the amount of time it takes to get something done! For example, Anne-Marie uses their plug-in TextExporter so often she thought it was part of the program! This wonderful timesaver lets you intelligently export text from multiple stories in InDesign out to a single, concatenated RTF or text file. It’s the ideal add-on for anyone who needs to repurpose text from their layouts. Special for InDesignSecrets listeners: Go to this special URL: http://www.rorohiko.com/indesignsecrets139.html in the Rorohiko.com store to get a “10 pack” of TextExporter for only $109 instead of $149.