InDesignSecrets Podcast 153
Listen in your browser: InDesignSecrets-153.mp3 (16.9 MB, 30:27 minutes)
- Tables Tables Tables! Answers to:
- Table styles with column widths?
- Find (and change) tables with Find/Change?
- Merge two tables into one, easily?
- Fill table cells with placeholder text?
- Insert consecutive numbers in a column?
- Make a cell show the sum of its column or row (or other math)?
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Automatic Document Conversion
- Quizzler Answers!!!! (“How many ways can you tell the current page number?”)
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> Em Software’s InCatalog plugin for InDesign frees you from endless (and error-prone) cutting and pasting from databases and spreadsheets to InDesign text frames and back. With a little invisible link magic via InCatalog, prices, descriptions, graphics, etc., can all be automatically updated (in both directions!) so you never have to worry again about missing a price or mistyping a description. For InDesignSecrets podcast listeners, Em Software is offering 20% off any 1-pack product (including InCatalog) until August 15 2011. Enter the coupon code idsecrets711 on their checkout page.
>> In-Tools develops incredibly useful InDesign scripts (like MergeTables, mentioned in today’s podcast) and plug-ins, but they would like you to know that they also develop custom solutions for clients. For example, company owner Harbs tells us, they’re putting the final touches on a web-to-print solution for a customer that uses browser-editable InDesign templates with the InDesign server in the background (neat!). Check out Harbs’s blog to see what he’s up to, and contact him directly on his Contact page.