InDesignSecrets Podcast 192
View the transcript of this podcast.
A very special episode with guest co-host Kelly Vaughn!
- All about Kelly Vaughn and her blog, DocumentGeek
- Deep Dive into Conditional Text
- Quizzler 190 Answer! (see below) .. And the winner is announced
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Hidden Destination
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> Em Software is the developer of DocsFlow and WordsFlow, two plug-ins for Adobe InDesign that dynamically link your text frames to online Google Docs (DocsFlow) or placed Word files (WordsFlow). These products enable a breakthrough publishing workflow, one where your authors and editors can keep changing the source document, and you can merge in their changes automatically and painlessly, even after you?ve made changes to the InDesign story (without losing your changes or formatting!). Special offer just for InDesignSecrets listeners: Use the coupon code ids413 in the EmSoftware.com store when buying either of these plug-ins and get 20% off! This code is only good until May 31, so grab them both!
QUIZZLER 190: Here is the image we talked about in episode 190 and continued in episode 191. As revealed in episode 192, what makes this line’s bounding box turn into a lovely rainbow is that it’s been anchored to some text and then multiple ? 5, to be exact ? conditions (from Conditional Text) were applied to the text containing the anchor. So you’re looking at non-printing Conditional Text markup.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Come to PEPCON! Our annual Print + ePublishing Conference, this year April 28?May 1 in Austin, Texas
- Kelly Vaughn’s wonderful DocumentGeek blog
- Kelly’s posts here on InDesignSecrets
- More conditional text posts here and here
- The Obscure Error Message of the Week-eek-eek, courtesy of Kelly: