InDesignSecrets Podcast 230
In this episode:
- Latest news:
- Interview with Bart Van de Weile
- A Shaded Paragraph Conundrum!
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: [[:xdigit:]]
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> Rorohiko is a fine purveyor of many InDesign scripts and plug-ins. One of our favorites is TextExporter, a utility that comes in so handy, so often, that you forget it’s not part of InDesign itself! Use TextExporter for those times when you need to extract all the text from a layout and put it into a single external text file, as plain text or formatted (RTF). Free 20-day trial, and when you realize how essential it is, you’ll be happy to see the affordable, flexible pricing for single users and groups.
- Time for PePcon 2016! Sign up now and we’ll see you in San Diego in June (also home of the Creative Developers Summit)
- CreativePro 2016: The Conference for Photoshop and Illustrator Users, July 11-13, Minneapolis MN
- InDesign Conference 2016: Washington DC, November 7–9
- InDesign Magazine articles are now online (details) (example – click the article title links)
- Adobe DPS is now Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Mobile
- MEI’s TruEdit now supports InCopy
- Bart Van de Wiele’s author page on CreativePro.com and his blog (which needs updating, Bart!)
- What’s this about Ghent, Bart’s hometown? What’s a Ghent workgroup?
- Adobe’s Project Comet
- Find/Change tips
- More about the new Paragraph Shading feature in CC 2015 (see screen shots below)
- Or, use the old reversed-out-of-Rule Above trick
- What’s [[:xdigit:]] good for? Finding hexa words or hexadecimal notation (see screen shot below)
Search for Hexadecimal colors in a CSS file with the [[:xdigit:]] POSIX code: